In case you missed the tryout meeting. Here is the information that was discussed.
PGHS Soccer Tryout Meeting
- Coach Tortorelli, Roberts, Ecalono, and Clark
- Expectations of Student athletes
- Team player, work hard, attend practice every day, academics come first. Players must be prepared to make lifestyle changes i.e. healthy diet and sleep
- We will only keep between 32-35 players including Goalkeepers; the team will be difficult to make
- Fundraiser; participation fee of $100, and $50 uniform and equipment fee
- Keep things in perspective if you don’t make the team. Not the end of the world. As of right now there are no plans for a provisional team.
- Physicals – Must be submitted before trying out
- We will start conditioning June 1. This will comprise of cardio conditioning, weight training, functional training, soccer drills, and open field play.
- 8-12 M-F
- Begin Monday, July 31 at 8:00
- Monday will be a fitness-testing day. Be there early for sign in
- Seniors and Juniors starting at 8:00
- Sophomores at 8:10
- Freshmen at 8:20
- After fitness test, tryouts will run until approximately 11:00.
- Tues & Wed (if needed): 8:00-11:00
- Tryouts will run Monday and Tuesday and possibly Wednesday (if needed)
- Players that make the team will meet Tuesday evening
- Practices will begin on Wednesday, August 2.
- All players must be academically eligible to try out
- Minimum of 2.0 GPA during Term 4
- No more than one F (or NC for high school)
- Outside participation; can’t be on two teams at the same time. A job will be difficult to maintain during the season.
- ALL PAPERWORK MUST BE HANDED IN BY JULY 19 – NO EXCEPTIONS
- This includes:
- Eligibility form completed on registermyathlete.com
- Completed physical
- Players who completed a physical for another high school sport earlier this season, only need to fill out the eligibility form and let office know to transfer the physical to the soccer file.
- If you make the team all girls are required to enroll in B4 soccer conditioning class.
- I highly suggest taking seminary during A4